What am I reading is never a simple question. I have my categories of books and you can see by this blog, I like to categorize. They go like this:
1. The Art Book: This is a book solely about art, artists, art history, art art art.
2. The Library Book: Currently on borrow from one of a few libraries I belong to- so can be sub-categorized into which library. Also can fall into most categories except the Train as I am prone to adding to State Rail Lost Property Book Section.
3. The Train Book: usually a shorter, easier read made for stops and starts and distractions. Can also fall into Art Book Category
4. The Research Book: This book as the name suggests directly affects the art practice. It is usually a historical record of places, artists or mythological stories. Sometimes text books. Yum.
5. The Ipod Book: This is a similar category to the Train Book, made for shorter reads but always happens to be fairy stories, fables (aesop mainly) or childhood books. Handy for extended unexpected waiting periods.
6. The Listening Book: I have an old tape player in the studio so I like to listen sometimes when I paint. Can be sub-categorised into Tapes, Records and Podcasts.
7. The Gift Book: This can throw the whole category system out of whack. It may mean that Library Books need to be returned before their due date, Train Books need to be read in a house to move things along, Ipods are left uncharged in the excitement and I have no time to paint and listen.